Do you feel like a change? Try this Korean seafood pancake, it takes less than half an hour to make and you can have it either for breakfast, lunch or dinner with a side salad, so simple ;P. I always add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper for additional spicy kick but if you want it to be on the mild side, omit the chili altogether. It’s super delicious and quite addictive, I think I made it at least 4 times in the past week :D.
The traditional pajeon is served with a dipping sauce but I personally like it without any sauce, it’s so good on it’s own!
Have fun with the ingredients and swap them for whatever you have in the fridge. You can substitute prawns for additional veg if you want to keep it vegetarian and you can use a different type of mushrooms if you don’t have shiitake ones in the cupboard.
Korean Paleo Seafood pancake makes a great snack or meal without too much of an effort. Plus it’s gluten, sugar and dairy free, definitely my kind of thing ;).
1 cup = 200 ml
tsp = teaspoon
tbsp = tablespoon
Makes: 4 large or 8 smaller pieces
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 8 min
What you need,
What to do,
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in warm water for 15 min, covered.
- Whisk the eggs in a big bowl.
- Add 1/2 a cup of coconut milk, mix.
- Add tapioca and coconut flour, mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Chop the spring onions (green parts only), add to the bowl.
- Chop and de-seed the chili, add to the bowl.
- Add 1 cup of small prawns to the bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the bowl.
- Drain and chop the rehydrated shiitake mushrooms into strips, stems removed, add to the bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of liquid coconut oil to the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper + 1 tsp of cayenne pepper if you feel like it.
- Mix everything together.
- Pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil onto the frying pan.
- Once the pan is hot, pour the batter onto the pan and spread evenly. Lower the heat slightly so that the bottom doesn’t burn too quickly.
- Fry each side for 4 minutes with a lid on (flip when the top is settled).
- To flip the pancake, you can slide it onto the plate, cover with another plate, flip and slide back onto the pan.
- Once it’s cooked on both sides cut it into pieces and serve with a side salad.
Tell me what you think 😀