Banana bread is my go to treat whenever I need a little boost. It’s sugar, gluten and dairy free and tastes absolutely divine, I’m not making this up ;)! It’s made with coconut flour that is satisfying and highly nutritious and it takes only 15 minutes prep and 50 minutes in the oven.
I like the fact that it’s relatively small and flat (it doesn’t really rise at all, just a tiny bit). I find it makes the perfect in-between-meals snack and one or two slices hit the spot.
Make sure your bananas and apple are ripe and resist the temptation to cut it straight out of the oven as it’s quite moist at first. It tends to firm up after cooling down, store it in the fridge.
Enjoy it with your favourite cappa and a good book 🙂
Makes: 1 small loaf
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Oven temperature: 180°C
What you need,
What to do,
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and grate the apple, mash the bananas, transfer to a big bowl.
- Add three eggs and mix.
- Add goji berries and 3/4 tsp of baking soda, mix again.
- Add 1/2 a cup of coconut flour and mix everything (the dough shouldn’t be too dry or too liquidy, somewhere in the middle; if you feel it’s too thick, you can add 2 tbsp of coconut milk).
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 180°C (or until it’s brown at the top and the toothpick comes out clean).
- Let it cool down first before slicing, store it in the fridge.
It’s sooo good 😀
*Inspired by ComfyBelly